Special Issue "Health Economics and Efficiency in Healthcare"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Health Economics".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2023) | Viewed by 1234
Interests: applied econometrics; efficiency estimation; productivity; stochastic frontier analysis; industrial organization
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
In order to achieve better health outcomes, it is essential to use the limited healthcare resources available effectively. Hence, measuring efficiency and understanding the interplay between efficiency and its determinants would be important. In the context of healthcare, efficiency refers to either obtaining the greatest benefit from interventions conditional on available resources or obtaining a health benefit with minimal use of resources.
We welcome theoretical and empirical contributions related to the measurement of healthcare efficiency. Specific topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Healthcare management and its impact on efficiency: e.g., gender, marital status, pay, and other features of top healthcare unit administrator and similar governance-related factors and their effect on efficiency;
- Understanding important determinants of healthcare efficiency;
- Healthcare unit cost/production efficiency: measuring hospital cost efficiency, technical efficiency, revenue efficiency, and profit efficiency;
- Comparison of public and private healthcare units in terms of efficiency;
- Spatial interactions of healthcare units and the effect of such interactions on the healthcare units’ efficiency;
- Productivity of healthcare units;
- Measures of success in healthcare.
Dr. Levent Kutlu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- data envelopment analysis
- cost efficiency
- healthcare efficiency
- healthcare management
- stochastic frontier analysis
- technical efficiency