A section of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601).
Oral diseases are the most common noncommunicable diseases affecting a considerable number of people worldwide. The overall quality oral health may impact people throughout their entire lifetime and significantly affects the quality of life (QoL) of patients, with relevant repercussions on healthcare systems.
Nevertheless, a strong association is widely recognized between several systemic diseases and oral health; thus, this mutual influence of oral conditions on general health may be a topic of public interest, involving the impact of local bacterial infections on systemic organs, as well as the role of inflammatory mediators in vascular impairments and heart failure.
A preventive approach can increase the strategies aimed at reducing oral issues that may have systemic side-effects. In this context, psychosocial factors, such as enhanced self-awareness, basic and specific knowledge, and attitudes toward dental health care in both pediatric and adult patients, may ensure improvements of general health status.
Preventive strategies should be investigated and applied in day-to-day work to reduce the negative consequences on individuals' QoL.
The section Oral Health aims to collect high-quality original articles, updated review articles, and scientifically sound perspective articles.
The submissions should mainly be addressed on the following topics:
- Oral diseases: prevention and treatment;
- Preventive and Community Dentistry;
- Pediatric Dentistry;
- Impact of oral conditions on systemic diseases;
- Education and knowledge in oral healthcare;
- New tools and devices for oral healthcare sustainability;
- Perspective on novel approaches and projects for improving awareness and knowledge of oral health in the worldwide population.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Effective Strategies for Oral Health and Dentistry Education (Deadline: 30 December 2023)
- Prognostic Interventions for Improving Oral Health (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Oral Health: The Key to a Healthy Smile? (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Second Edition: Oral Health and Care in Children (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Changing Dental Profession – Modern Forms and Challenges in Dental Practice (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Perceptions in Women's Oral Health (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Advances in Oral Health Care for Vulnerable Populations (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Dentistry and COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities for Providing Safe Care (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Second Edition of Influence of New Technology in Dental Care: A Public Health Perspective (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Attitudes and Knowledge about Children’s Oral Health (Deadline: 10 March 2024)
- 2nd Edition: Approach to Promoting Oral Health (Deadline: 15 March 2024)
- Influence of Population Exposure to Fluoride on Oral Health (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Factors Associated with Oral Pain and Oral Health-Related Consequences (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: