Plant Pathology and Disease Management (PPDM)
A section of Horticulturae (ISSN 2311-7524).
The Section Plant Pathology and Disease Management (PPDM) publishes original manuscripts on the causes, mechanisms, and control of plant diseases in horticultural crops including vegetables, fruit trees, vines, berries, ornamental shrubs and trees, flowers, and aromatic and medicinal plants.
Plant diseases severely limit the yield, quality, longevity, and/or aesthetics of all types of horticultural plants. The Section PPDM welcomes submissions describing fundamental and applied research on all plant pathogen types and in all domains of plant pathology (e.g., disease etiology, diagnosis, ecology and epidemiology, plant–pathogen interactions, host resistance, and disease management). All manuscripts received will be judged based on scientific merit and quality of presentation. The editorial board will provide authors with a rapid and helpful peer review, and the open-access format of Horticulturae ensures rapid publication of accepted articles, excellent author services, broad readership, and high impact.
In particular, PPDM welcomes contributions by early-career researchers and proposals for review topics. In addition, we invite senior scientists to initiate and serve as Guest Editors of new Special Issues on timely topics.
- Biological control
- Chemical control
- Cultural control
- Disease detection and diagnosis
- Disease ecology and epidemiology
- Host resistance
- Integrated disease management
- Mycology and fungal biology
- Plant–microbe interactions
- Soilborne diseases
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in Disease Diagnostics and Pathogen Biocontrol of Horticulture Crops (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Vegetable and Fruit Postharvest Physiology and Diseases (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Horticultural Plants Pathology and Advances in Disease Management Volume II (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Biological Control of Plant Pathogens: From Field to Fork (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Mycorrhizal Roles in Horticultural Plants (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Sustainable Production of Fruit Trees and Disease Resistance (Deadline: 1 March 2024)
- Advances in Disease Diagnosis and Control for Vegetable Crops (Deadline: 21 March 2024)
- The Diagnosis, Management, and Epidemiology of Plant Diseases (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Fungal Diseases and Pathogens Affecting Horticultural Crops: New Challenges (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Mitigating Soil-Borne Diseases in Horticultural Crops: Current Challenges and Management Strategies (Deadline: 10 May 2024)
- Detection and Prevention of Fungal Pathogens in Horticultural Products (Deadline: 16 June 2024)