Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Coronaviruses (CoV) and COVID-19 Pandemic
A section of Healthcare (ISSN 2227-9032).
The outbreak and spread of the COVID-19 pandemic have been an issue of critical concern, posing a significant threat to the health sector globally. Healthcare workers who operate on the front line were among the most involved professional categories for both workload and level of infection contracted.
Due to the social and healthcare burden, countries have adopted several strategies to control the spread of the virus. Fortunately, in 2020, the efforts made across the world to rapidly develop vaccines led to several effective vaccines approved in record time. In fact, the vaccination campaign is the primary method to counteract the COVID-19 pandemic; however, sufficient vaccination coverage is conditioned by people’s acceptance of these vaccines.
At the same time, it is still necessary to develop a more detailed understanding of the spreading dynamics of the virus and its variants, to identify both better diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, as well as vaccine strategies.
In this context, this section aims to publish scientific evidence regarding:
- Microbiological and epidemiological aspects of the coronaviruses (CoV) and COVID-19 pandemic;
- Laboratory diagnosis;
- Therapeutic options;
- COVID-19-related knowledge and behaviors;
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance and hesitancy;
- COVID-19-related changes in lifestyles and mental health;
- COVID-19-related mental health disorders (e.g., anxiety and depression);
- New public health approaches;
- Environmental control measures;
- Correct communication campaigns.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Clinical Decision-Making Processes in COVID-19 Pandemic: Changes and Effects (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Health Priorities and COVID-19 (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- End of the COVID-19 Era: Models, Predictions and Projections (Deadline: 15 July 2023)
- COVID-19 Resilience Networks for Pandemic Preparedness and Response Coordination (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Health: Time to Take a Longer-Term Perspective (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- What Did the COVID-19 Pandemic Teach Us About Health Literacy and Health Communication? (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Mood Disorders in Healthcare Providers in the Post-pandemic COVID Scenario (Deadline: 27 October 2023)
- Primary Health Care: Challenges and Recommendations during a Pandemic (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Physical Activity, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Respiratory Infections, COVID-19, and “Long COVID” (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Technologies Old and New: Changes, Challenges, and Opportunities in the Era of Post-COVID Healthcare (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Global Health Workforce Resilience during COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Organisational Psychological Medicine: A Post Pandemic Scenario (Deadline: 5 January 2024)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: