Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Genetic Studies of Ornamental Horticulture and Floriculture"
A special issue of Genes (ISSN 2073-4425). This special issue belongs to the section "Plant Genetics and Genomics".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 July 2023 | Viewed by 1871
Special Issue Editors
Interests: flower development; flower organ identity specification; germplasm innovation and breeding technology of garden plants; genetics
Interests: flowering time; flower organ development; flower and leaf color; horticulture plant germplasms
Special Issue Information
Ornamental plants beautify our living environment with striking colors, pleasant flower scents, and attractive morphology. The recent progress of biotechnology, such as genome assembly, genetic transformation, genome editing, and metabolomics, etc., has been extensively harnessed in ornamental plants and has rapidly accelerated the development of ornamental horticulture and floriculture. The purpose of this Special Issue is to address the achievements of biotechnology, genetics, and breeding in ornamental horticulture and/or floriculture. Original research articles and reviews are encouraged regarding, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Biotic- or abiotic-stress-resistant gene functions of ornamental plants;
- Genome editing and genetic transformation research and application in ornamental plants;
- Molecular regulatory mechanisms of key traits of ornamental plants;
- Ornamental plants’ genetics and germplasm innovation;
- Genetic transformations and genome editing for modifying and improving the key traits of ornamental plants;
- Flower size, color, scent, dormancy, and morphology-regulated genes and networks;
- Regulatory mechanisms of ornamental plant growth and development;
- Flowering, inflorescence architecture, and flower organ identity determination.
Prof. Dr. Zhixiong Liu
Dr. Danlong Jing
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Genes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- molecular genetics
- flower development
- flower and/or leaf color
- flower scent
- flower size
- flower and inflorescence morphology
- genetic transformation
- molecular mechanism
- QTL/gene mapping
- marker-assisted selection
- gene identification
- key traits of ornamental plants
- genome editing
- ornamental plants
- gene regulation
- transcriptional regulators
- growth and development
- genetic resources
- abiotic and biotic stress