A section of Foods (ISSN 2304-8158).
This section examines all aspects of food systems, which consist of a complex web of actions involving the production, processing, transport, consumption, and waste of food. Issues concerning the food system include how food production affects the natural environment; the governance, regulations, monitoring, and economics of food production; the integrity and sustainability of food; the impact of food on individual and population health; and the degree to which we waste food. Food systems approaches have been widely adopted to identify, analyse, and assess the impact and feedback of the systems’ different actors, activities, and outcomes to help identify intervention points such as HACCP, VACCP, and TACCP for enhancing food security. As a holistic approach, food systems are made up of further systems such as farming systems, aquaculture systems, water systems, energy systems, management systems, and so forth. In order to plan sustainable, equitable, and healthy food systems for the future, integrated and innovative analytical methods and approaches from a range of disciplines are required, as well as effective intersectoral policy analysis and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Food Systems
- Food Safety
- Food Security
- Food Integrity
- Supply Chains
- Policy Makers
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Post-harvest Losses and Food Safety in Fruit and Vegetable Produced (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Biowaste from the Food Industry as a Biomass Resource of Foods (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Smart Food Cold Chain Techniques and Traceability System (Deadline: 25 February 2024)
- Functional Ingredients from Food Waste and By-Products: Processing Technologies, Functional Characteristics and Value-Added Applications (Deadline: 30 March 2024)
- Exploring Local Foods and Its Supply Chains: Resilience, Autonomy and Sustainability (Deadline: 26 May 2024)