Instructions for Conference Organizers
Organizers of conferences are welcome to propose research outputs from their conferences to be published in Engineering Proceedings. Conferences must fulfill the following criteria:
- Conferences must be focused on reporting academic research;
- Attendees and speakers must have an international background and primarily be from research institutes;
- Conferences must have an international committee composed of scholars in its research field;
- Conferences must have a series of academic topics to be discussed and presented;
- At least one qualified review report should be collected for each conference’s abstracts/proceedings.
Why Choose Engineering Proceedings as Your Publishing Venue?
Engineering Proceedings is an open access journal, published by the leading academic open access publisher, MDPI. It is dedicated to publishing all kinds of outputs from academic conferences. Each conference proceeding can be individually indexed, is citable via a digital object identifier (DOI) and is freely available under an open access license.
If you choose to publish your conference proceedings with MDPI Engineering Proceedings, benefits include:
- Open Access: Unlimited and free access for readers.
- A dedicated webpage for your conference: containing all conference abstracts and a description of the conference, along with links to the conference homepage.
- Flexibility: All kinds of outputs from the conferences can be included in the Engineering Proceedings, including abstracts, proceedings, posters, etc.
- High visibility: All published items will be assigned a digital object identifier (DOI) are citable, are available on mdpi.com, and appear on search engines such as Google Scholar.
- No space constraints or color charges: No restriction on the number of the papers in an issue, number of figures, or use of color.
- Attractive cover: Designed by our professional in-house design team.
- Sciforum support: Optionally use of our free, professional platform to host your scientific conference, including the conference website, peer-review, and many additional features.
- Additional services available: Options include English Editing, XML conversion, abstracts delivered on USB drives, printed books, etc.
- Promotion of your conference on MDPI journal websites, through newsletters and social media.
- Conference organizers submit a proposal to Engineering Proceedings.
- Evaluation by the Engineering Proceedings editorial office.
- Creation and signing of an agreement which covers the costs and services.
- Engineering Proceedings supplies article templates and logos to the conference organizer for announcement on the conference website.
- Conference organizers collect submissions and perform a peer review.
- Accepted papers and peer review records are delivered to Engineering Proceedings by a fixed date (before or after your conference).
- General check by the journal team and scientific check by academic editors; unqualified submissions will be rejected.
- Production, proofreading, and publication arranged by the Engineering Proceedings Editorial team.
- All authors are notified by the journal once the volume has been finalized.
- Final invoicing of the conference organizer.
Peer Review Policy and Guidelines
In order to ensure the published proceedings include high-quality scientific work that is of long-term interest and benefit to the scientific community, the journal requires conference organizers to commit to undertaking an appropriate peer review process before paper acceptance and provide proof of the peer review process. Otherwise, MDPI also operates a conference platform, Sciforum, which provides access to the tools for managing the review process and revision of conference submissions (abstracts and papers).
In addition, all organizers/editors will be required to complete a Peer Review Statement describing how the papers were peer reviewed. This information will be published as part of the proceedings.
All conferences are requested to adhere to the following standards:
- Unbiased review for all papers regardless of the race, gender, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship or political philosophy of the authors.
- Authors and editors agree to comply with our ethical policy.
- Reviewers shall give an overall recommendation for each paper and supply comments to support their recommendation.
- Editors and organizers shall only accept papers for publication where there is clear support from the reviewers.
The following criteria should be considered by the editors and referees in their evaluation:
- Originality/Novelty: Is the question original and well defined? Do the results provide an advance in current knowledge?
- Quality of Presentation: Is the paper written in an appropriate way?
- Scientific Soundness: Is the study correctly designed and technically sound?
- Interest to the Readers: Are the conclusions interesting for the readers? Will the paper attract a wide readership, or only be of interest to a limited number of people?
- Overall Merit: Is there an overall benefit to publishing this work? Does the work provide an advance towards the current knowledge? Have the authors addressed an important long-standing question with smart experiments?
- English Level: Is the English language appropriate and understandable?
Manuscripts submitted to MDPI journals should meet the highest standards of publication ethics:
- Manuscripts should only report results that have not been submitted or published before, even in part.
- Manuscripts must be original and should not reuse text from another source without appropriate citation.
- For biological studies, the studies reported should have been carried out in accordance with generally accepted ethical research standards.
Download the Review Report Form to help with the paper review process.