Special Issue "Advances in Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2023 | Viewed by 15609
Interests: achievement emotions; affective computing; game-based learning; teacher education; technology-enhanced learning; distance education
Interests: adaptive mobile personalized and collaborative teaching and learning; digital skills and competences; open educations, MOOCs, and OERs; user experience of smart Internet of Things applications
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
We are pleased to invite you to contribute to this Special Issue about recent advances in technology-enhanced teaching and learning.
Technology integration in education can create constructive environments that actively engage students in learning activities. Recent technological advances in tools and communications have significantly leveraged the adoption of technological practices in all academic subjects and at all levels (K-12, primary, secondary, higher, and adult education). However, technology-enhanced education incorporates both emerging technologies and pedagogical aspects. Although many technological trends have emerged in distance, blended, and traditional education (MOOCs, VR/AR, AI/intelligent agents, use of social media, etc.) their effects on different pedagogical dimensions have not been fully investigated.
Overall, the efficient application of combined learning theories (e.g., constructivism and connectivism) through new technological approaches, as well as the exploration of their effects on cognitive, affective, and learning processes, have motivated the research community to conduct further study into all aspects of technology integration in education.
This Special Issue of Education Sciences aims to reflect contemporary research trends in the field of technology-enhanced education, aligning technological and pedagogical considerations. The topics of this Special Issue will relate to the use of technology in education at all academic levels, including the following areas:
- Pedagogical approaches in technology-enhanced education;
- Advances in distance and blended education (tools and pedagogies);
- Affective, motivational, and cognitive aspects of teaching and learning in technology-enhanced education contexts;
- The effectiveness of online means (e.g., video, text,) on students’ engagement, cognitive skills, and academic achievement;
- Mobile learning, gamification in learning, game-based learning, and AR/VR/XR-supported game-based learning (tools and pedagogies);
- The role of social media in teaching and learning; online learning communities;
- AI technologies in education;
- Adaptive and personalized learning, interactive learning, intelligent tutoring systems, and MOOCs characteristics;
- Teachers’/students’ digital skills and perspectives of technology-enhanced education;
- Learner modeling and learning analytics;
- Teachers training on integrating digital technology in teaching practice;
- Students and teachers’ digital skills readiness during COVID-19;
- Online teaching and learning during COVID-19.
Dr. Katerina Tzafilkou
Prof. Dr. Anastasios A. Economides
Dr. Maria Perifanou
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Education Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- technology-enhanced education
- technology-enhanced learning (TEL)
- technology in education
- technology and pedagogy
- ICT in education
- educational technology
- learning theories
- game-based learning
- MOOCs, learning analytics