Early Childhood Education
A section of Education Sciences (ISSN 2227-7102).
Early Childhood Education includes the teaching of children from birth up to the age of eight. It is an important period in child development and has substantial positive short- and long-term effects on the children who attend such education.
Articles in this Section cover research on the physical, social, emotional, language learning, and cognitive skills development of children, pedagogies, history and philosophy; analyzing issues, trends, and current practices in Early Childhood Development from an educational perspective. We publish articles that skillfully blend theory, research, and practice. Research contributions must be original. Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research are welcomed as well.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Children’s physical, social, emotional, language, and cognitive skill development;
- Early childhood teacher education and professional development;
- Early childhood education policy, trends, and practice;
- Quality early childhood programs;
- Early childhood special education;
- STEM in early childhood education;
- Family and parent education;
- Leadership in early childhood education;
- Learning space and environment;
- Technologies in early childhood education;
- Early childhood curricula;
- Community partnerships;
- English as additional language (EAL);
- Early childhood pedagogies;
- History of early childhood education;
- Philosophy of early childhood education.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Emergent Literacy in the Early Years (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Pedagogical Possibilities for Early Childhood Education (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Effects of Technologies and Digital Narratives in the Education and Development of Children and Adolescents (Deadline: 1 November 2023)
- School Play and Children's Social-Emotional Development: Cross-Cultural Perspectives (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Supporting Inclusivity in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Community (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Digital Technologies in Early Childhood Education and Care (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Leadership of/in Early Years—Primary Education Sector: An International Perspective (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Early Childhood Education in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Innovations in Policy and Practice (Deadline: 28 February 2024)
- Understanding Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) from Cultural Perspectives (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Robot Programming in Early Childhood and Primary Education (Deadline: 30 June 2024)