Special Issue "Ecology and Evolution of Invasive Plant Species"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 29 February 2024 | Viewed by 800
Interests: plant invasions; plant ecology; plant taxonomy; species conservation
Interests: plant biology; ecological, biological and chemical traits; vegetation; ecosystems analysis and dynamics; conservation; restoration ecology; land and natural resources management; traditional uses and new applications
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Conservation: Conservation Biology, Management of Natural Resources, and Protected Areas Policies
Special Issue in Sustainability: Landscape, Water, Ground, and Society Sustainability under Global Change Scenarios (2nd Edition)
The study of alien and invasive species is one of the areas of greatest interest to researchers working in the fields of biodiversity, molecular biology, ecology and environmental conservation. Despite the thousands of scientific papers being published each year summarizing the various aspects of plant invasions, some topical issues and particular groups of plants receive considerably less attention from researchers. The aim of this Special Issue is therefore to encourage researchers to publish research results that address the following topics in alien and invasive plant species:
(1) Adaptation of species to new environmental conditions at different spatial (population, community, habitat, ecosystem, geographic or biogeographic region, continent, world) and temporal scales;
(2) Mechanisms and consequences of the impact of invasive species on populations and habitats of threatened native plant species;
(3) Ecological, trophic, and mutualistic relationships of alien plant species with other native and alien organisms (bacteria, fungi, plants, animals);
(4) Micro-evolutionary processes in populations of alien and invasive plant species;
(5) Hybridization of alien plant species with native congeners, its impact on native species populations, and assessment of current and potential threats.
Dr. Zigmantas Gudžinskas
Dr. Kevin Cianfaglione
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Diversity is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- mutualistic relationships
- spatial scale
- temporal scale
- trophic relationships