The journal Diseases is inviting applications for the Diseases 2023 Best PhD Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student or recently qualified PhD who has produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee led by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Maurizio Battino.
Eligibility and Requirements:
– The candidate must be a PhD student or recently qualified PhD who has produced a highly anticipated thesis with great academic potential;
– The PhD thesis must be their original work;
– The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 November 2022 and 31 October 2023.
Required Application Documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
– A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a PhD student going on to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses).
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 800);
– An electronic certificate;
– Offer to publish one paper free of charge in Diseases after peer review before the end of 2024.
The application deadline is 31 October 2023. The winner will be announced on the Diseases website by the end of January 2024.
Kind regards, Diseases