Special Issue "Advanced Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric and Dielectric Ceramics"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2023 | Viewed by 1915
Interests: piezoelectric materials; ferroelectric materials; dielectric materials; multilayered ceramic capacitors; low-temperature cofired ceramics; giant-permittivity materials
Ceramic materials are widely recognized for their particular electrical and mechanical properties, making them attractive for a variety of applications, such as electronics, sensors, actuators, energy storage, and communication devices. This Special Issue focuses on current advances and imminent developments in the synthesis, characterization, and application of advanced ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and dielectric ceramics. The optimization of advanced functional ceramics will have far-reaching impacts in the near future.
This Special Issue will focus on the following elements of ceramic materials research, among others:
- Novel synthesis methods and processing techniques for designing ceramic compositions with enhanced properties.
- Investigation of the fundamental principles underlying the ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and dielectric behavior of ceramics.
- Using characterization techniques, such as X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, and spectroscopy, to elucidate the structure–property relationships in ceramic materials.
- Exploration of advanced functional ceramics, such as multiferroics, relaxor ferroelectrics, and high-temperature superconductors.
- Applications of ceramic materials in energy harvesting, sensing, actuation, data storage, and electronic devices.
In this Special Issue, we aim to bring together a diverse range of contributions that highlight the latest breakthroughs and provide insights into the future directions of research in this field. We welcome all types of papers (reviews, full papers, communications, technical notes, highlights, etc.) that delve into the study of advanced ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and dielectric ceramics.
Dr. Zhonghua Yao
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Crystals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- ferroelectric ceramics
- piezoelectric ceramics
- dielectric ceramics
- advanced functional ceramics
- ceramic composites
- ceramic-based actuators
- ceramic-based electronic devices
- ceramic processing and manufacturing
- microstructure characterization of ceramics
- thermodynamic and kinetic studies of ceramics, including theory, experiment, modeling, and simulation
- ceramic application in energy harvesting, sensing, actuation, data storage, and electronic devices