Cosmetics (ISSN 2079-9284) provides an advanced forum for fundamental and applied research on skin, cosmetic product formulations and ingredient research, clinical and experimental research including cosmetic surgery, light sources and technical devices for dermatological treatment. It publishes reviews, original research papers, communications, case reports, letters and short notes in the fields of cosmetic research.
Papers dealing with assessment and evaluation of cosmetic efficacy and safety, in vivo or in vitro, regulations and legal aspects of cosmetic advertising will be particularly welcome.Our aim is to encourage basic scientists, cosmetic chemists, dermatologists and clinicians to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided.
General subject areas include:
- materials and ingredient research related to cosmetics
- therapeutic options for skin, hair and body care
- product formulations and ingredients
- cosmetic olfactory research developments
- technologies in cosmetic product development
- testing of skin and hair products
- toxicological studies of cosmetic products
- in vivo and in vitro testing of cosmetic products
- pure and applied research involved in skin, hair and body cosmetics
- analytical chemistry of essential components involved in cosmetic product formulations
- biomedicine research on biologically active components
- regulatory and ethical issues in cosmetic research
- dermatology, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, immunology and biochemistry of the skin
- facial rejuvenation, laser therapy
- cosmetic surgery and related medicine techniques
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Cosmetics will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.