Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Functional Magnetic and Dielectric Composites: Fabrication, Properties and Applications"
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2023 | Viewed by 4095
Special Issue Editors
Interests: magnetic materials; magnetic thin films; ferrites; hexagonal ferrites
Interests: magnetic materials; dielectric materials; magnetic thin films; ferrites
Interests: magnetic materials; microwave materials; magnetodielectric materials; ferrites
Special Issue Information
For many years, functional magnetic and dielectric composites have been attractive to both academia and industry in various applications, such as electric energy convention, wireless communication, sensors, biomedical treatment, etc. Modern challenges in the characteristics of these applications, including high power, lightweight, durability, and resource-friendliness, place more stringent demands for the research on functional magnetic and dielectric composites. To solve these challenges, it is crucial to understand the interaction mechanisms of multiphase magnetic and dielectric composite systems. Advanced fabrication techniques are also important for the effective assembly of magnetic and dielectric composites with complex microstructures. More importantly, the properties of magnetic and dielectric composites can be tailored by modifying the multiphase interaction or preparation methods. Driven by the extreme application environment, high-performance magnetic and dielectric composites which can withstand high power, high temperatures, high stress have seen a huge demand in experimental, theoretical and modeling activities.
This Special Issue of Coatings aims to provide a collection of papers focusing on the fabrication, properties, and applications of functional magnetic and dielectric composites. Original research articles and reviews are welcome in this Special Issue. Research topics welcome in this Special Issue may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Theoretical and experimental research on the interaction mechanisms of multiphase magnetic and dielectric composite systems;
- Recent developments in preparation methods of functional magnetic and dielectric composites;
- Advanced preparation techniques for high-performance magnetic and dielectric nanocomposites;.
- Theoretical and experimental research on complex microstructures of composites;
- Recent developments in characterization, test, and measurement methods for mechanical, chemical, and electrochemical properties and performances;
- Recent developments in novel application areas of functional magnetic and dielectric composites;
- Modeling, simulation, and calculation of the properties, performance, durability, and reliability of the composites in various applications.
- High-performance magnetic and dielectric composites for high power, high temperatures, high stress, and other extreme environment applications.
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Dr. Chuanjian Wu
Prof. Dr. Lezhong Li
Dr. Qifan Li
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Coatings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- magnetic and dielectric composites
- preparation methods
- complex microstructure
- advanced characterization