Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Advances in Corrosion Resistant Coatings Volume II"
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412). This special issue belongs to the section "Corrosion, Wear and Erosion".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2023 | Viewed by 5397
Special Issue Editor
Interests: materials; composites; carbon fiber; processing; microstructure characterization; mechanics of materials; nanotechnology
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Coatings: Advances in Corrosion Resistant Coatings
Special Issue in C: Advanced in Low Dimensional Carbon: Processing and Applications
Special Issue Information
Corrosion-resistant coatings have the important characteristics of high chemical inertness, large heat resistance, good mechanical strength, and enhanced toughness. Recently, considerable progress has been made in the development of various coatings for the protection of materials’ exposure to aggressive corrosive media such as seawater, biofluids, and high-temperature gases. Advanced composite material coatings containing nanoparticles and nanotubes, new conversion coatings, and novel plasma coatings are some examples. Coating technology has also advanced to a new level. This can be seen from the recent developments in using novel electrochemical and chemical conversion approaches, sol-gel methods, plasma-enhanced growth, laser peening, etc. Exploring new coating materials including alloys, polymers, ceramics, composites, and nanostructured materials leads to the discovery of multifunctional coatings for applications in civil structures, machinery, and bio-implants.
This scope of this Special Issue will include, but is not limited to, the following fundamental and applied research topics:
- Corrosion-resistant coatings for implants;
- Seawater-corrosion-resistant coatings for petroleum engineering applications;
- Research developments in new organic, inorganic, and composite coatings;
- Coating technology and processes: sol-gel, hydrothermal, laser, plasma, thermal spray, electroplating, chemical deposition, physical vapor deposition, chemical vapor deposition, chromating, fluorozirconating, fluorotitanating, phosphating, bluing, black oxide coating formation, anodizing, etc.;
- High-performance Ni–P coatings, high-temperature-resistant coatings, protective coatings in ionic fluids;
- Corrosion mechanisms in actual or simulated biofluids;
- Test methods for determining the corrosion of coatings in various electrolytes;
- Modeling and simulation of coating processing and corrosion;
- Nanostructured composite coatings and corrosion characterization.
Dr. Yong X. Gan
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Coatings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- corrosion-resistant coatings
- polymer, ceramic, alloy, and composite coatings
- nanostructured coatings modeling and simulation
- coating processes
- corrosion mechanisms of coatings
Related Special Issue
- Advances in Corrosion Resistant Coatings in Coatings (9 articles)