Special Issue "10th Anniversary of Children: Urgent Issues in the Health of Children – 2023–2033"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2023 | Viewed by 6300
We are celebrating the 10th anniversary of Children with a Special Issue in the Section “Global and Public Health” in 2023.
On behalf of the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Paul R. Carney, members of the Editorial Office, and ourselves as Guest Editors, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our authors and reviewers for their valuable contributions in ensuring that Children is a successful and respected journal in its field. To celebrate the journal’s 10th anniversary, we will be serving as Guest Editors of a Special Issue focused on the clinical care, service delivery, and research related to the care of children within the context of global health.
Public and global health issues may focus broadly on population-based health issues that impact children and can include epidemiology, prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease. We warmly invite original research and state-of-the-art review/perspective contributions to pediatric global health.
Prof. Dr. Kathryn Ann Kelly McQueen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Children is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- public health programs for children
- humanitarian issues related to children
- issues related to children in low- and middle-income countries (including pediatric anesthesia, surgery, trauma, and cancer)
- health economics in low- and middle-income countries
- pediatric health systems research in low- and middle-income countries
- health provider training in pediatrics in low- and middle-income countries
- health outcomes research for pediatrics
- vaccination implementation and outcome research
- children living in refugee settings—physical and mental health
- children living in crisis—poverty, insecurity, and conflict
- the impact of COVID-19 on children worldwide