Special Issue "Advances in Pediatric Oral Health"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 October 2023) | Viewed by 2903
Children’s well-being is a priority of any healthcare system worldwide. As an element of children's well-being, maintaining good oral health is considered essential. Oral health can affect children’s physical, psychological and educational life. Oral diseases and dental caries, in particular, remain one of the most common preventable diseases among children.
Advances in technologies and techniques have moved pediatric oral health forward. Such advances are leading to the improved detection and diagnosis of oral diseases and more effective prevention and treatment.
This Special Issue of Children focuses on advances in pediatric oral health, such as:
- Advances in clinical oral or dental procedures, techniques or materials for pediatric patients.
- Advances in pediatric behavior management techniques for dental treatment.
- Advances in diseases detection, diagnosis, monitoring or prevention in relation to pediatric oral or dental health.
- Advances in materials development for oral and dental diseases prevention or treatment.
- Advances in public and children's education for caries and oral diseases prevention.
- Advances in inter-professional engagement and collaborations to prevent children's oral diseases, including caries.
- Advances in technologies and care delivery to improve children's access to dental care and services, including tele-dentistry.
All types of manuscripts are acceptable, including reviews and case reports.
Dr. Maria Salem Ibrahim
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Children is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- pediatric dentistry
- advanced technologies
- bioactive materials
- oral health