Special Issue "State-of-the-Art in Molecular Catalysis in Europe"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 10 January 2024 | Viewed by 10170
Interests: calixarenes; coordination chemistry’ catalysis; polymers; imaging and anti-cancer agents
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Molecules: Calixarenes, Pillararenes, and Cucurbiturils
Special Issue in Catalysts: Catalysis in Plastics for the 21st Century
Special Issue in Catalysts: 10th Anniversary of Catalysts: Molecular Catalysis
Special Issue in Catalysts: Exclusive Papers of the Editorial Board Members and Topical Advisory Panel Members of Catalysts in Section "Catalysis in Organic and Polymer Chemistry"
Europe remains an important region in the fields of both heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis, with work including but not limited to catalysts for chemical synthesis, the biorefinery process, environmental solutions, and to possible future sustainable-energy strategies. This Special Issue welcomes both reviews and original research articles on all aspects of heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis with an emphasis on fundamental and applied research conducted across Europe. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Polyolefin synthesis
- Catalysts for biodegradable polymer formation, for example via ring opening polymerization
- Catalysts for the conversion of biomass
- Catalysts related to the biorefinery process
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis for organic synthesis
- Catalysts using CO2 as a feedstock
- Molecular catalysts for electrochemical water splitting
- Photocatalytic, photochemical, and photosynthetic systems for H2 production and CO2 utilization
- Green catalysis, including the use of earth abundant metals
- Theoretical studies on any of the above topics
Prof. Dr. Carl Redshaw
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Catalysts is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- polyolefin synthesis
- catalysts for biodegradable polymer formation, for example via ring opening polymerization
- catalysts for the conversion of biomass
- catalysts related to the biorefinery process
- homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis for organic synthesis
- catalysts using CO2 as a feedstock
- molecular catalysts for electrochemical water splitting
- photocatalytic, photochemical, and photosynthetic systems for H2 production and CO2 utilization
- green catalysis, including the use of earth abundant metals
- theoretical studies on any of the above topics