Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The Section “Nanostructured Catalysts” aims to publish promising recent research and novel trends in the design, synthesis, modelling, and catalytic application of nanomaterials, with a particular focus on green chemical processes.
This section encompasses catalysis by nanoparticles (including colloidal, supported, alloy, and core–shell structures), nanocomposites (where intimate contact is engineered between two or more unique phases at the nanoscale), and nanoporous materials (including zeolites and MOFs), and by single atoms or sites (including single atom alloys and immobilised homogeneous catalysts). Material classes include metals, oxides, semiconductors, carbons, and polymers.
Original contributions addressing the tailored synthesis and physicochemical characterization of such nanomaterials, their atomistic and/or molecular computational modelling and simulation, and those devoted to the development of quantitative structure–function relationships and associated predictors that offer fundamental insight into the nature of active sites and reaction mechanisms are welcome. Studies exploring the synthetic scale-up of nanocatalysts are also encouraged. Applications of nanocatalysts to new ‘benign-by-design’ and/or ultraselective chemical transformations are particularly desirable.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advanced Nanomaterials for a Green World II (Deadline: 31 May 2023)
- Nanomaterials for Photo- and Electro-Catalysis: Design and Characterization (Deadline: 31 May 2023)
- Hollow Micro-/Nanostructured Materials in Catalysis (Deadline: 10 June 2023)
- Chiral Nanomaterials and Their Photo(Electro)catalytic Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Recent Advances on Nano-Catalysts for Biological Processes II (Deadline: 10 July 2023)
- Noble-Metal Nanocatalysis: State of the Art and Future Challenges (Deadline: 17 July 2023)
- Nanocomposite-Based Materials as Catalysts in the Treatment of Wastewater (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- CO2 Capture and/or Its Catalytic Transformation into Fuels or Valuable Chemicals II (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Design and Synthesis of Metal Nanocatalysts for Energy and Environmental Applications (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Catalytic Nature of Quantum Dots: Relationship and Applications (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Hierarchically Porous Catalysts (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Nanotechnology in Catalysis II (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Nanostructures for Electrochemistry: From Synthesis and Characterization to Applications (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Latest Advances and the Prospects of Photo(electro)catalytic Application of Nanomaterials (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Advances in Quantum Dots Catalysts (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Multi-Field-Assisted Catalysis in Nanostructured Materials (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Nanostructured Materials Used for Catalytic Treatment of Hazardous Organic Dye Polluted Wastewater (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Metal-Organic Catalyst for High Performance Materials (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Applications of Nanocatalytic Processes: Water, Wastewater and Air Treatment (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Nanomaterials for Photo- and Electrocatalytic Processes in Environmental and Energy Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Novel Nano-heterojunctions with Enhanced Catalytic Activity (Deadline: 31 December 2023)