Special Issue "Advances in Building Asset Management Systems and Technologies"
A special issue of Buildings (ISSN 2075-5309). This special issue belongs to the section "Construction Management, and Computers & Digitization".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2023 | Viewed by 5089
Interests: asset management; innovative project delivery and contracting strategies; smart buildings; safety management; infrastructure management and health monitoring; non-destructive testing and evaluation; modeling and analysis of engineering data; project control concepts and systems
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Building asset management is a strategic and systematic process used for the effective operation, maintenance, upgrading, and expansion of physical assets to achieve the required level of service, reduce risks, and optimize capital investment over an asset lifecycle. This Special Issue aims to reflect on the current state-of-the-art-technologies and new developments in all topics relevant to building asset management. We encourage all researchers working in related areas to submit details of their research work. The topics to be considered in this Special Issue include but are not limited to:
- building information modelling;
- digital twins for asset and facility management;
- smart facility and building asset management concepts and systems;
- performance measurement and key indicators in facility management;
- lifecycle facility and asset management;
- data analytics/predictive modelling for building asset management;
- smart buildings;
- innovative contracting for facility and asset management;
- new and emerging trends in facility and asset management;
- best practices in maintenance management techniques;
- quality/total quality management for facility and asset management;
- lean facility and asset management;
- six sigma for facility and asset management;
- sustainable and green facility and asset management.
Prof. Dr. Osama Abudayyeh
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Buildings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- digital twins for facility and asset management
- smart facility and assets management
- data analytics/predictive modelling for facility and building asset management
- smart facility and asset management systems
- smart buildings
- building information modelling