Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
2–7 July 2023, Beijing, China
12th International Symposium on EIS
The 12th International Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Conference (EIS 2023), which will be organized by Beijing University of Chemical Technology and Tsinghua University, will be held from 2 to 7 July 2023, in Beijing. The international conference was approved and is supported by the Ministry of Education of P.R.China. This conference takes place every three years. The first International Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Conference was held in France in 1989; since then, this conference has been held in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Japan. This is the first time that EIS 2023 will be held in China and the second in Asia. This conference has evolved into one of the leading events in electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, providing a unique opportunity to gather experts from different fields related to this powerful technique.
EIS 2023 will predominantly focus on the fundamentals, technologies and instruments of EIS, and its applications in corrosion, electrochemical energy conversion and storage, electrochemical reaction, analysis, and sensors. During EIS 2023, there will be oral and poster contributions, an electrochemical instruments and technologies exhibition, and a short course showcasing the diverse aspects of the various fields of applications of EIS.
As for the previous symposia, EIS 2023 features all aspects of the interdisciplinary areas of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, pertaining to the following themes:
EIS Fundamentals, Technologies and Instruments:
- Frequency dispersion and constant phase element;
- Global and local EIS;
- EIS measurement, and data processing and analysis;
- Emerging EIS methods and new instruments.
EIS Applications in Corrosion:
- Electrochemical kinetics and mechanisms of metallic corrosion;
- Corrosion failures and applications of organic or inorganic coatings, conversion films, plating or deposits, and electronic and ionic conducting polymers;
- Corrosion inhibitor and mechanisms;
- Electrochemical protections, corrosion monitoring and inspection techniques.
EIS Applications in Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage:
- Electrochemical energy conversion and storage materials;
- Batteries, fuel cells, supper-capacitors and dielectric material or electrolyzers;
- Solid-state systems.
EIS Applications in Electrochemical Reaction, Analysis, and Sensors:
- Carbon dioxide reduction reaction (CO2RR);
- Nitrogen reduction reaction (NRR);
- Other electrochemical catalyst reactions;
- Electrochemical analysis, photoelectric chemistry and sensors.
Exhibition, short course and visits
During EIS 2023, an electrochemical instruments and technologies exhibition will be held. At the same time, a short course will be organized for students and others. Additionally, a visit will be organized for delegates, to provide them with the opportunity to exchange their research.