Sensory Analysis of Beverages
A section of Beverages (ISSN 2306-5710).
This Section covers all aspects related to beverages perception and sensory science, including consumer studies and tests conducted with trained panels. Some of these studies may include the impact of raw materials or variations in beverages making on their organoleptic properties, the relationship of physicochemical and sensory properties, consumers’ opinion of different intrinsic/extrinsic beverages properties, new methods to study the sensory properties of beverages, new beverage development using a consumer-centered approach, cross-cultural studies on beverage perception or choice, etc.
The scope of this Section includes:
- Consumer studies;
- Sensory methods for beverages characterization;
- Sensory properties of beverages;
- Physicochemical relationship with sensory properties;
- Cross-cultural perception of beverages;
- Emotional response elicited by beverages;
- Explicit/implicit methods to study responses to beverages’ sensory properties.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Sensory Analysis as a Tool for the Improvement of the Quality of Beverages (Deadline: 28 November 2023)
- Feature Papers in Sensory Analysis of Beverages Section—2nd Edition (Deadline: 28 November 2023)