A section of Behavioral Sciences (ISSN 2076-328X).
Health Psychology is a landmark Section of the Behavioral Sciences journal and a prime Section of the expanding discipline that is health psychology. This Section is supported by a well-respected team of scholars. It provides a unique area with an aim to advance all aspects of psychology that directly relate to illness, health and behavior.
Researchers will be encouraged to utilize a range of methodologies and approaches that are able to challenge current thinking. The range can include traditional experimental research through to ethnographic-based research. We will actively encourage novel methodologies using various paradigmatic positions taken to view the world. We require that all experimental-based research provides a registration number with a trial registry website and would generally expect reviews to have protocols. We will accept protocols.
The following areas will be a focus, including how chronic illnesses are experienced by individuals and managed, the response of people to health-related interventions, the identification of screening and assessment of illness and ill health, the psychometric properties of tools that consider health, behavior change interventions that influence psychological health outcomes, the understanding of psycho-emotional responses to pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment approaches, and the correlates and mediators that influence health-related quality of life and the prevention of ill health.
Studies published in this journal will require full ethical approval from an institutional-based ethics board.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Psychological Impact of Stress- and Trauma-Related Events in Early Years of Parenthood (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Healthy Even through Cancer—the Use of Narrations in Oncological Settings (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Burnout and the Quality of Personal, Working and Social Life (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- The Shaping of Services for Health Promotion (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Physical Activity and Aging (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Assessment Instruments for Measuring Individual and Organizational Wellbeing (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Burnout, Mental Health and Work-Family Interface in Today’s Workplaces (Deadline: 1 March 2024)
- Enhancing Physical and Mental Wellbeing of Older Adults Using Artificial Intelligence (Deadline: 15 March 2024)
- Adolescent Self-Harm, Chronic Pain and Suicide (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Behavioral and Psychological Intervention for Long Term Health Conditions (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Stress and Children’s, Adolescents' and Young Adults’ Ways to Cope with It (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Psychological Interventions for People With a Chronic Illness and Their Families (Deadline: 20 May 2024)
- The Effects of Sports on Individual Cognition, Motivation and Mental Health (Deadline: 5 June 2024)
- Life Satisfaction and Mental Health in Migrant Children (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Applications of Integrated Social Cognition Theories in Predicting and Changing Health Behavior (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Emotional and Cognitive Perspectives in Physical Activity and Sport (Deadline: 1 July 2024)
- Rapid Reviews for Behavioral Health (Deadline: 31 July 2024)
- Exploring the Complexity of Internalizing Disorders in Suicidal Youth and Suicide Prevention (Deadline: 31 July 2024)
- Diagnosis and Psychological Intervention for Bipolar Disorder: From Childhood to Adulthood (Deadline: 31 August 2024)
- The Impact of Sport and Physical Activity on the Mental Health of Adolescents and Children (Deadline: 5 September 2024)
- Narrative Approaches and Practice in Health Psychology (Deadline: 1 November 2024)
- Physical Activity for Psychological and Cognitive Development (Deadline: 30 November 2024)
- Role of Recreation and Outdoor Activities in Promoting Mental Health and Positive Behaviors in People of All Ages (Deadline: 30 December 2024)