Special Issue "Photovoltaic Power System: Modeling and Performance Analysis"
A special issue of Applied Sciences (ISSN 2076-3417). This special issue belongs to the section "Energy Science and Technology".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2023 | Viewed by 4990
Special Issue Editors
Interests: energy management; microgrid; smart grid; photovoltaic
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Intelligent Energy Management of Electrical Power Systems
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Photovoltaic (PV) Sources in Transportation: PV-Powered Vehicles and PV-Powered Charging Stations
Special Issue in Energies: Charging/Discharging Electric Vehicles via Microgrids including Vehicle-to-Grid Technology
Interests: energy management; microgrid; photovoltaic; electric vehicle charging station
Interests: power system; microgrid; renewable energy; energy storage; demand response
Special Issue Information
Nowadays, photovoltaic (PV) energy is a key element of the energy transition. Especially, the increasing share of PV production in the energy mix allows us to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Recent PV developments, new technologies, and the increased efficiency of PV modules have led to a significant reduction in production costs. However, several challenges remain to be challenged in order to improve the reliability of power systems. Importantly, the grid integration of intermittent PV production must be addressed. This can be conducted by analyzing its various impacts, adding storage, providing a more accurate forecast of PV production, and/or considering uncertainties. Additionally, the assessment of economic and environmental impacts on the system lifecycle can ease PV development. Optimal sizing design, under optimal management and with optimal carbon impact, can improve PV system performances and lead to new architectures, implementing and/or controling the techniques. In addition, the experimental validation of these control techniques improves the reliability of the results and their integration into PV power systems.
In light of these growing trends, this Special Issue focuses on PV system modeling and performance analysis. The goal is to address current PV deployment challenges and to bring new ideas, advances, and insights regarding PV power systems. Authors are invited to submit original contributions for review and possible publication. This Special Issue includes, but is not limited, the following topics:
- emerging PV technologies and state-of-the-art reviews on PV technologies (topologies, architectures, etc.);
- MPPT methods (in particular for curved PV panels);
- forecasting of PV power (in particular for 3D solar irradiation models);
- PV power system modeling including uncertainties mitigation;
- applications of PV systems (in particular, vehicle-integrated PV, PV-powered charging station, agri-PV, floating PV, PV energy communities, etc.):
- performance analysis of PV systems (energy efficiency, lifecycle economic and environmental impacts, etc.);
- control techniques, including cost and sizing optimization, as well as energy and real-time power management;
- grid integration of PV systems and ancillary services;
- case studies (real PV systems involving real measurements and/or experimental control technics methods validation);
- energy transition and reduced greenhouse gas emissions by increasing PV implementation (PV role in energy mix, PV infrastructures design, PV social impact, social acceptability and acceptance of PV infrastructures, etc.).
Prof. Dr. Manuela Sechilariu
Dr. Saleh Cheikh-Mohamad
Dr. Berk Celik
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- photovoltaic systems
- MPPT energy efficiency
- power electronic converters
- environmental impact
- power management
- experimental testing
- energy transition