Special Issue "Spray Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 February 2023) | Viewed by 2672
2. Materials Innovation Centre, School of Engineering, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Interests: corrosion; coatings; electrochemistry; thermal spraying
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: New Challenges in Coatings Technology
Special Issue in Coatings: Coatings Challenges in Harsh Environments
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Functional Coatings, Volume 1
Special Issue in Coatings: Recent Research in Coatings for Harsh Environments
Special Issue in Materials: High-Entropy Alloys: Design and Application
Special Issue in Coatings: Compositionally Complex Coatings
The operation of numerous components in industries around the world relies on spray coatings. These coatings often allow process equipment to be purposeful in environments well beyond the operational limit of the uncoated component. Durability, ease of application, repairability, reliability, and long-term performance of such coatings are key to their application. Therefore, this Special Issue of Applied Sciences, “Spray Applications”, is devoted to research and review articles on the metallic, non-metallic, and composite spray coatings used in various environments, and all forms of spray process in Food Science, Pharmacy, Mechanical Engineering and so on.
In particular, the topic of interest includes but is not limited to:
- Spray coatings for high-temperature and molten salt applications
- Applications of Spray Process / Model
- Spray coatings for mitigating corrosion in CO2 and H2S environments
- Thermal spray and cold spray coatings for aggressive environments
- Corrosion, wear and cavitation-resistant coatings
- Spray coatings for mitigating marine corrosion
- Spray coatings for deep sea applications
- Spray coatings for nuclear applications
- Spray coating for chemical and petrochemical plants
- Spray coatings for aeroengine turbines
- Spray coatings for applications in space
- Spray coatings for oil sands and other oil and gas exploration and production environments
Dr. Shiladitya Paul
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.