Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Biochemical and Genetics Studies of Infectious Disease Progression and Intervention
A section of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
An in-depth understanding of pathogenic microorganisms with respect to both genetics and biochemistry is important for the future treatment of infections. In this section, we welcome:
- Studies that use either genetics or biochemical assays to screen for novel antimicrobials
- Studies on host–pathogen interaction
- Studies on the horizontal spread of resistance
- Genomic studies aimed at identifying resistance and/or virulence genes
- Genomic-based epidemiological studies
We expect that these studies will contribute to the present or future treatment of infections or assist in intervening with the horizontal spread of resistance and/or virulence genes.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Antimicrobial Resistance: What Can We Learn from Genomics? (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Staphylococcus aureus Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Pathogenesis and Therapeutic Approaches (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Featured Reviews in Genetics or Biochemical Research for Antimicrobials (Deadline: 30 September 2023)