Ecosystem, Environment and Climate Change in Agriculture
A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
Over the last decades, food production has increased considerably. However, with the increase in world population, agriculture is facing a considerable challenge: producing more in a more sustainable way. Additional knowledge and background information are needed about the relationships between agricultural intensification and sustainability, natural resources exploitation and environmental impact, innovative food systems and ecosystem services.
The Section “Ecosystem, Environment, and Climate Change in Agriculture” focuses on original research and reviews on interactions between agriculture, ecosystems, environment, and climate change. Within this framework, studies concerning the sustainable and efficient use of resources, the optimization of agricultural processes, environmental impact assessment and mitigation, and the sustainable exploitation of by-products and waste are welcome, as are other related topics in the form of both specialized and interdisciplinary manuscripts.
sustainable crop production; ecosystem services; mitigation solutions; life cycle assessment; impact assessment; precision agriculture and livestock; water–energy–food nexus
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Risk Assessment of Herbicides on Crops and Environment (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Effects of Climate Change on Dry Farming Systems (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Impact of Agricultural Practices on the Environment (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Recent Advances in Modelling Climate Change Impacts on Cropping Systems (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Agricultural System and Green Infrastructures: Mechanisms and Mitigation Measures (Deadline: 5 December 2023)
- Effects of Plant-Microbe Interactions on Phyto- and Bio-Remediation Capacity (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Agroecosystem Modeling (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Exploring Cereal Biodiversity for Climate Change Mitigation in Agricultural Production (Deadline: 10 January 2024)
- Advanced Research on Agroecological Weed Management (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Impact of Plastics on Agriculture (Deadline: 10 February 2024)
- Strategies to Mitigate Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Agricultural Production Systems (Deadline: 25 March 2024)
- Circularity as a Strategy for Mitigating and Offsetting Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (Deadline: 15 April 2024)