Future Kuwait: Prosperity, Stagnation, or Decline? †
Institutional Review Board Statement
Informed Consent Statement
Data Availability Statement
Conflicts of Interest
- Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor. International Religion Freedom Report. 2010. Available online: https://2009-2017.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/2010/148830.htm (accessed on 26 June 2022).
- Caravalho, A.; Youssef, J.; Ghosn, J.; Talih, L.; Kuwait in Transitions: Towards Post Oil Economy. Report Commissioned by Kuwait Investment Authority. 2017. Available online: https://www.ticg.com.kw/content/dam/oliver-wyman/ME/ticg/publications/TICG_PoV_Kuwait_In_Transition.pdf (accessed on 26 June 2022).
- Coelho, G.; Hanel, P.; Johansen, M.; Maio, G. Mapping the Structure of Human Values through Conceptual Representations. Eur. J. Personal. 2019, 33, 34–51. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef][Green Version]
- Macrotrends. Kuwaiti Fertility Rate 2021. 2022. Available online: https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/KWT/kuwait/population (accessed on 30 September 2022).
- Marcel, P.; Jurgen, R.; Stefan, S. How will last-mile delivery be shaped in 2040? A Delphi-based scenario study. Technol. Forecast. Soc. Chang. 2022, 177, 121493. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Charles, P. Learning from the Future; John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1998. [Google Scholar]
- Etemad, H.; Gurau, G.; Leo-Paul, D. International entrepreneurship research agendas evolving: A longitudinal study using the Delphi method. J. Int. Entrep. 2022, 20, 29–51. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Gwartney, J.; Richard, S.; Russel, S.; MacPherson, D. Private and Public Choices, 17th ed.; Cengage: Boston, MA, USA, 2020. [Google Scholar]
- Maier, D.; Maier, A.; Aschilean, L.; Anastasiu, L.; Gavris, O. The Relationship between Innovation and Sustainability: A Bibliometric Review of the Literature. Suitability 2020, 12, 4083. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Mueller, D. Public Choice III; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, 2003. [Google Scholar]
- Ottesen, A. Three Future Scenarios for Ten Year Economic and Social Development for a Small Island State. Managing Effectively in the New Fiscal Reality—Annual Conference. Proc. ACBSP 2008, 1, 1–23. [Google Scholar]
- Wack, P. Scenarios: Shooting the Rapids. Harv. Bus. Rev. 1985, 63, 139–150. [Google Scholar]
- Wack, P. Scenarios: Uncharted Waters Ahead. Harv. Bus. Rev. 1985, 63, 72–89. [Google Scholar]
- Prime Minister’s Office, Singapore. Speech by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at Official Opening of University Town. 2013. Available online: https://www.pmo.gov.sg/newsroom/speech-prime-minister-lee-hsien-loong-official-opening-university-town (accessed on 26 June 2019).
- Ottesen, A.; Thom, D.; Bhagat, R.; Mourdaa, R. Learning from the Future of Kuwait: Scenarios as a Learning Tool to Build Consensus for Actions Needed to Realize Vision 2035. Sustainability 2023, in press. [Google Scholar]
- Isabella, B.; Bianchi, G. Singapore: The Reasons Behind Its Economic Success. 2019. Available online: https://hospitalityinsights.ehl.edu/singapore-economic-success (accessed on 26 June 2019).
- Patrick, J.K.; How Venezuela Fell from the Richest Country in South America into Crisis. History Channel. 2019. Available online: https://www.history.com/news/venezuela-chavez-maduro-crisis (accessed on 26 June 2019).
- National Public Radio. How Singapore Become One of The Richest Places on Earth. 2015. Available online: https://www.npr.org/2015/03/29/395811510/how-singapore-became-one-of-the-richest-places-on-earth (accessed on 26 June 2022).
- OECD. PISA—Program for International Student Assessment. 2022. Available online: https://www.OECD.org/pisa (accessed on 26 June 2022).
- Krayem, H.; The Lebanese Civil War and the Taif Agreement. American University of Beirut. 2012. Available online: https://libraries.aub.edu.lb/digital-collections/collection/borre-webarchive (accessed on 26 June 2022).
Disclaimer/Publisher’s Note: The statements, opinions and data contained in all publications are solely those of the individual author(s) and contributor(s) and not of MDPI and/or the editor(s). MDPI and/or the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to people or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content.
© 2023 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Ottesen, A.; Thom, D.; Mourdaa, R.; Bhagat, R. Future Kuwait: Prosperity, Stagnation, or Decline? Proceedings 2023, 85, 24. https://doi.org/10.3390/proceedings2023085024
Ottesen A, Thom D, Mourdaa R, Bhagat R. Future Kuwait: Prosperity, Stagnation, or Decline? Proceedings. 2023; 85(1):24. https://doi.org/10.3390/proceedings2023085024Chicago/Turabian Style
Ottesen, Andri, Dieter Thom, Rola Mourdaa, and Rupali Bhagat. 2023. "Future Kuwait: Prosperity, Stagnation, or Decline?" Proceedings 85, no. 1: 24. https://doi.org/10.3390/proceedings2023085024