Physical Activity and Health: Social Psychology Perspective
Conflicts of Interest
- Santos, A.C.; Willumsen, J.; Meheus, F.; Ilbawi, A.; Bull, F.C. The cost of inaction on physical inactivity to public health-care systems: A population-attributable fraction analysis. Lancet Glob. Health 2023, 11, e32–e39. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Guthold, R.; Stevens, G.A.; Riley, L.M.; Bull, F.C. Worldwide trends in insufficient physical activity from 2001 to 2016: A pooled analysis of 358 population-based surveys with 1.9 million participants. Lancet Glob. Health 2018, 6, 1077–1086. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed][Green Version]
- Marquez, D.X.; Aguiñaga, S.; Vásquez, P.M.; Conroy, D.E.; Erickson, K.I.; Hillman, C.; Stillman, C.M.; Ballard, R.M.; Sheppard, B.B.; Petruzzello, S.J.; et al. A systematic review of physical activity and quality of life and well-being. Transl. Behav. Med. 2020, 10, 1098–1109. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bauman, A.E.; Reis, R.S.; Sallis, J.F.; Wells, J.C.; Loos, R.J.F.; Martin, B.W.; Lancet Physical Activity Series Working Group. Correlates of physical activity: Why are some people physically active and others not? Lancet 2012, 380, 258–271. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sallis, J.F.; Bull, F.; Guthold, R.; Heath, G.W.; Inoue, S.; Kelly, P.; Oyeyemi, A.L.; Perez, L.G.; Richards, J.; Hallal, P.C. Progress in physical activity over the Olympic quadrennium. Lancet 2016, 388, 1325–1336. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Disclaimer/Publisher’s Note: The statements, opinions and data contained in all publications are solely those of the individual author(s) and contributor(s) and not of MDPI and/or the editor(s). MDPI and/or the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to people or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content.
© 2023 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Share and Cite
Fermino, R.C. Physical Activity and Health: Social Psychology Perspective. Behav. Sci. 2023, 13, 286. https://doi.org/10.3390/bs13040286
Fermino RC. Physical Activity and Health: Social Psychology Perspective. Behavioral Sciences. 2023; 13(4):286. https://doi.org/10.3390/bs13040286Chicago/Turabian Style
Fermino, Rogério César. 2023. "Physical Activity and Health: Social Psychology Perspective" Behavioral Sciences 13, no. 4: 286. https://doi.org/10.3390/bs13040286